Three Nepal players have announced their retirement following the SAFF Women's Championship final held at the Dasharath Stadium on Monday. Punam Jargha Magar, Dipa Rai and Indira Rai have bid farewell to the national team after the loss in the SAFF Women's Championship final against Bangladesh.
The three of them were bid farewell by National Sports Council member secretary Tanka Lal Ghising in a blazer ceremony.
All three players have been playing professional football from the Tribhuwan Army FC. Punam is a defender of the Nepali national team and played every single minute in the concluded SAFF Women's Championship. Punam returned to the national team in the SAFF Women's Championship after she underwent heart surgery last year.
Similarly, Dipa Rai of Tribhuwan Army Club dropped the curtains on her international career on Monday. Indira Rai, another Army midfielder, has also bid farewell to her international career.
The players have had a bittersweet end to their international careers with yet another SAFF Women's Championship final loss.
- Nepal U20 Women's Team Head Coach Gurung Announces Preliminary Squad
- Nepal U20 Groups With China, Myanmar & Chinese Taipei
- SAFF U17 Championship: Nepal Registers First Win
- SAFF U17 Championship: Nepal Vs Bhutan Today
- Nepal Women's Team Coach Ananta Raj Thapa Announces Initial Squad For Olympic Qualifiers
Nepal Vs Bangladesh - 2nd Friendly Match Highlights