The 29th Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Congress, held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia today, has re-elected Shaikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa by acclamation for a second four-year term until 2023.
Shaikh Salman, whose Presidency began in May 2013, was the only candidate for the position.
There were initially three candidates confirmed by the AFC Electoral Committee following the completion of the eligibility checks on March 1, 2019.
The number was reduced following the withdrawals of HE Mohamed Khalfan Matar Saeed Al-Romaithi (UAE) and Mr. Saoud A. Aziz M A Al-Mohannadi (Qatar) – both of whom threw their full support behind Shaikh Salman.
- Japan: 1st NJFA Running Cup On February 9
- Malaysia: Preparation Almost Completed For 4th Indam Gold Cup 2020; LIVE On GoalNepal Platform
- New Zealand: Tenzing Hillary Cup 2020 On Feb 1-2
- NFT Qatar Beats Bangladesh Community Team In Its Opener Of Asian Communities Championship
- Nepal U23 Goalie Arpan Karki Off To Maldives To Play Maldives Second Division