The 29th Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Congress, held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia today, has re-elected Shaikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa by acclamation for a second four-year term until 2023.
Shaikh Salman, whose Presidency began in May 2013, was the only candidate for the position.
There were initially three candidates confirmed by the AFC Electoral Committee following the completion of the eligibility checks on March 1, 2019.
The number was reduced following the withdrawals of HE Mohamed Khalfan Matar Saeed Al-Romaithi (UAE) and Mr. Saoud A. Aziz M A Al-Mohannadi (Qatar) – both of whom threw their full support behind Shaikh Salman.
- Australia: Jagjeet Shrestha Joins NPL Side Para Hills Knights
- Hong Kong Born Nepalese Attacker Sneha Limbu: I Want To Play For FC Barcelona Or Any Top Club In The World
- USA: Louisville Rising Stars Vs Pathari FC In The Final Of Friendly Tournament; LIVE On GoalNepal
- USA: Dallas Gurkhas Organizing Solidarity Cup 2020
- Former Nepal International Ranjit Shrestha Says He's Recovering From COVID19 Infection