Kathmandu (GoalNepal) - Nepal have been drawn into Group C of the Women's Olympic Football Asian Qualifiers for the Paris Olympics in 2024. Nepal have been drawn alongside Vietnam, Palestine and Afghanistan.
The draw was made by AFC on Thursday afternoon. The first round of qualifiers matches will be held between April 3 and 11.
A total of 26 teams have been drafted into seven groups where the group leaders will move on to the next round. Five highest-ranked teams, North Korea, Japan, Australia, China and South Korea are already in the second round of qualifiers.
The twelve teams—seven from the first round and five already in the second round—will be divided into three groups of four teams and play in a single league round at a centralized location. The three group winners, as well as the best runners-up in this round, will proceed to the third round.
The four teams will play home and away playoffs in the third round, with the two victorious teams advancing to the Women's Olympic Football Tournament.
- Nepal U20 Women's Team Head Coach Gurung Announces Preliminary Squad
- Nepal U20 Groups With China, Myanmar & Chinese Taipei
- SAFF U17 Championship: Nepal Registers First Win
- SAFF U17 Championship: Nepal Vs Bhutan Today
- Nepal Women's Team Coach Ananta Raj Thapa Announces Initial Squad For Olympic Qualifiers
Nepal Vs Bangladesh - 2nd Friendly Match Highlights