Hetauda (GoalNepal) -ABC Veterans of Pokhara won the title of the eighth National Veterans National Football Tournament. Pokhara won the title by defeating Baneshwor Veterans of Kathmandu 3-0 in the final held at Piple-Campa Stadium in Hetauda-5.
Narendra Jung Gurung, Kanya Subba and Rajkumar Ghising scored the goals to help their team win the title.
Champions Pokhara received 1,11,111 rupees in cash. Baneshwor, the runners-up, had to settle for 55,555 rupees.
Rajkumar Ghising was named the player of the tournament. Khim Gurung of Pokhara was named the best goalkeeper, Kanya Subba was named the best defender, Bijay Gurung was named the best midfielder, Baneshwor's Yuvraj Bhujel was named the best forward and Baneshwor's Khem Bahadur Gurung was named the best goalkeeper.
Seventeen teams from all over the country participated in the competition organized by Hetauda Veterans which started on the 23rd of Poush. Organizer President Ramesh Kumar Upreti and Deputy Mayor of Hetauda Sub-Metropolitan Rajesh Baniya distributed the prizes.
- Three Nepal U16 Players Honored In Hetauda
- Makwanpur: Regal Resort ANFA Makwanpur Clinches Title Of SUdarshan Ghimire Memorial U21 Championship
- Makwanpur: Real Star Club & Hetauda Resort ANFA Makwanpur Enter Final
- Makwanpur: ANFA Makwanpur & Martyr Memorial Club Enter SFs
- Makwanpur: Hetauda FA & NJJC Register Win In Sudarshan Ghimire Memorial U-21 Hetauda Challenge Cup
3rd Makwanpur Gold Cup: Makwanpur XI Vs Machhindra Club