India and Maldives are facing each other in a group A encounter in the SAFF Women's Championship in Kathmandu. India have a 3-0 lead going into the break thanks to two goals from Anju Tamang and one from Priyangka Devi Naorem.
India have been the superior side in the first forty-five minutes. India took the lead in the match in the 24th minute through Anju Gurung. Anju blasted the ball over the goalkeeper from the left-hand side of the box. No Maldivian player closed Anju in.
Priyangka Devi doubled India's lead in the 42nd minute after a cross after a short corner wasn't dealt by Maldives. The ball fell kindly for Priyangka whi rolled the ball into the back of the net.
Anju scored another towards the end of the half. Ratambala Devi's long-range effort hit the crossbar and ricocheted off goalkeeper Aminath Leeza and Anju was there to tap that in.
India will qualify to the semifinals with a win today. India's win will also secure Bangladesh's place in the final four.
- India Into The Semis Of SAFF Championship With A Statement Victory
- Indian Coach Chhetri: Satisfied With A 3-0 Win
- SAFF Women's Championship: India See Off Arch-Rivals Pakistan Comfortably
- SAFF Women's Championship: India Two Up Against Pakistan At The Break
- SAFF Women's Championship: India & Pakistan To Lock Horns, Maldives Taking On Sri Lanka