Australia moved to within one win of the Third Round of Asian Qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 and AFC Asian Cup China 2023, maintaining their stranglehold on Group B with a 5-1 win over Chinese Taipei on Monday.
Mitchell Duke scored twice, while Harry Souttar, Jamie Maclaren and Trent Sainsbury all got on the scoresheet for Graham Arnold’s side, who made it six wins from six to maintain their five-point advantage over second placed Jordan with two matches remaining
Chinese Taipei managed a second half goal through Gao Wei-jie, but it was scant consolation on a night where their seventh successive Asian Qualifiers defeat confirmed they will finish last in Group B.
- South Asia Watch: Bangladesh Starts FIFA World Cup Round 2 Qualifiers With A Heavy Defeat
- Australia: Yeti FC Win Dashain Cup Title
- Nepal Vs Australia - Predict Your Score & Win NRs 1,000 Shopping Voucher From KTM CTY
- Australia Coach Graham Arnold: I Will Make Many Changes For Nepal Game
- Australia Announces Squad For FIFA World Cup 2022 Qualifiers
Nepal National Team Lands Sydney, Australia