Tajikistan and Jordan flexed their muscles as they stayed on course for a final day showdown with emphatic wins in Group A of the AFC U-16 Championship 2020 Qualifiers at the Prince Mohammad International Stadium in Zarqa City on Wednesday.
Tajikistan defeated Kuwait 9-0 to take spot in the group ahead of Jordan, who defeated Sri Lanka 7-0 in the day's later match with all the goals coming in an amazing second half.It was Tajikistan's second win, having defeated Sri Lanka 8-0 in their opening match and the Central Asians are on course to qualify for the AFC U-16 Championship 2020 Finals, having emerged runners-up in Malaysia 2018.
Jordan 7 Sri Lanka 0
Hosts Jordan kept pace with Tajikistan after registering a 7-0 win over Sri Lanka, with the West Asians finding their scoring boots in the second half.
It was Jordan's second successive 7-0 win, having defeated Nepal with a similar scoreline on Matchday One, and they will be oozing confidence going into their final two games.
Nepal will play against Tajikistan on September 20.
- Former Nepal International Ranjit Shrestha Says He's Been Tested COVID19 Positive
- Nepal National Team Shows Love To Ailing Samikchya Magar; Announces Nrs 30,000
- Nepalese Players, Coaches & Former Internationals Appreciate True Heros - VIDEO
- FIFA Ranking Remains Unchanged Due To COVID Pandemic
- The 14 National Team Shirts That Nepal Worn In 27 Years
ANFA Starts Maitenance Of Dasharath Stadium Grounds For FIFA WC QFs