South-West Asian football federation has been formed in Jeddah, Saudi Aravia to create "the largest Asian football tournament in the region".
The members of the new body include Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iraq, Kuwait, Bahrain, Yemen and Oman from the West Asian bloc and India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Maldives from the South Asian bloc.
According to Indian Express, Nepal and Bhutan are not part of the new body. It will reportedly be headed by Saudi Arabian FA chief Adel Ezzat until its first general assembly which will be held after the World Cup.
South Asian Football Federation is already there and it bi-annually organizes SAFF Championship. Bangladesh is hosting the championship in September this year.
SAFF president Kazi Salahuddin was present in the meeting.
Not sure what will happen to SAFF. Will it be absorbed by SWAFF? The officials haven't spoken about this.
- Ruslan 10th Simara Gold Cup: Ruslan Three Star Club Vs Sankata Club Today
- Nepal Army Defender Deepak Gurung Honored By Simara
- Nepal Army Beats Nepal APF To Enter SFs Of Ruslan 10th Simara Gold Cup
- Ruslan 10th Simara Gold Cup: Nepal Army Vs Nepal APF Today
- Nepal Army Wins Title Of 2nd Bishal Memorial Gold Cup
Nepal Army Enters Final Of Ruslan 10th Falgunanda Gold Cup