In an opulent ceremony that saw a star-studded cast of footballing talent descend on Milan’s Teatro alla Scala, the beautiful game’s foremost artistes saw their performances rewarded at The Best FIFA Football Awards™ in one of the globe’s cultural centres.
Lionel Messi and Jurgen Klopp took home the leading honours for The Best FIFA Men’s Player and Men’s Coach respectively, after their outstanding 2018/19 campaigns which saw both scoop silverware and individual accolades galore.
It was a bumper year for the USA as Megan Rapinoe and Jill Ellis were rewarded for their part in the Stars and Stripes’ triumph at the FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019™ as The Best FIFA Women’s Player and Women’s Coach respectively.
Men’s Player: Lionel Messi
Women’s Player: Megan Rapinoe
Men’s Coach: Jurgen Klopp
Women’s Coach: Jill Elliss
Women’s Goalkeeper: Alisson
Women’s Goalkeeper: Sari van Veenendaal
Puskás Award: Daniel Zsori
Fan Award: Silvia Grecco
Fair Play Award: Marcelo Bielsa
Men’s World11: Alisson; Matthijs de Ligt, Marcelo, Sergio Ramos, Virgil van Dijk; Frenkie de Jong, Eden Hazard, Luka Modric; Cristiano Ronaldo, Kylian Mbappe, Lionel Messi
Women’s World11: Sari van Veenendaal; Lucy Bronze, Nilla Fischer, Kelley O’Hara, Wendie Renard; Julie Ertz, Amandine Henry, Rose Lavelle; Marta, Alex Morgan, Megan Rapinoe
- The FIFA Disciplinary Committee Provisionally Suspends Spain FA Prez Luis Rubiales
- The FIFA Disciplinary Committee Opens Disciplinary Proceedings Against Luis Rubiales
- Spain Wins First Ever FIFA Women's World Cup 2023
- Women’s World Cup Security Heightened Ahead Of Opening Match Following Deadly Shooting In Auckland
- Football To Highlight Social Causes At The FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023