National sports council has officially directed contractor to lay natural grass at Pokhara stadium.
According to the deal, artificial turf needed to be laid down but the newly appointed member secretary Ramesh Silwal, after consulting with ANFA and other officials, directed contractors to change the plan.
Today they have officially directed the contractors to change it (from artificial to natural). Sports minister Jagat Sunuwar, secretary and other officials were present in the meeting.
The contractors had already gravelled the field. Now they have to remove all gravels to make the ground ready with natural grass in three months.
Indian company, Great Sports Infra along with Nepalese company M.A Construction Jawalakhel, Lalitpur are constructing the stadium.
Total budget of the stadium is Nrs 173 crore. This includes football stadium, playing field and track-n-field.
Nepal government is constructing several sporting facilities at Pokhara stadium for South Asian Games. The event will be played in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
The event was supposed to kick off from Mar 9-18, 2019 but it has already been postponed till December 1-10, 2019.
- 5,000 Seats Installed At Grandstand Type Pokhara Stadium
- Pokhara Stadium Parapet Takes Shape (With Pictures)
- NSC Member Rajesh Gurung: We Will Host Women’s Football At Pokhara Stadium
- Grandstand Installation Begins At Pokhara Stadium - VIDEO
- Kaski: Indreni Integrated Development Centre Wins Title Of Veterans Championship
Very New Update From Pokhara Stadium