The 29th Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Congress, held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia today, has re-elected Shaikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa by acclamation for a second four-year term until 2023.
Shaikh Salman, whose Presidency began in May 2013, was the only candidate for the position.
There were initially three candidates confirmed by the AFC Electoral Committee following the completion of the eligibility checks on March 1, 2019.
The number was reduced following the withdrawals of HE Mohamed Khalfan Matar Saeed Al-Romaithi (UAE) and Mr. Saoud A. Aziz M A Al-Mohannadi (Qatar) – both of whom threw their full support behind Shaikh Salman.
- AFC Women’s Football Committee Approves AFC Women’s Club Championship
- AFC Dream Asia Awards 2019 Nominees Announced; Two Organizations & One Journalist From Nepal Vying For Awards
- Street Children Football Team Rises And Shines In Malaysia
- AFC Disciplinary And Ethic Committee Bans Four Players For Life
- Teams Of Street Connected Children Nepal Win First Friendlies In KL