The SAFF Championship 2023 will be hosted in Bengaluru from June 21 to July 3, 2023, All India Football Federation confirmed.
AIFF President Mr. Kalyan Chaubey announced the city on Sunday, March 19, 2023.
AIFF Secretary General Dr. Shaji Prabhakaran was present on the occasion, along with AIFF Vice President and Karnataka State Football Association President Mr. NA Haris and Karnataka Olympic Association President Dr. K Govindaraj.
This will be the 13th edition of the tournament, and India will be hosting it for the fourth time. Over the years, the Blue Tigers have asserted their dominance in the SAFF Championship, winning it eight times; the Maldives are the closest to India, having won the title twice.
The 2023 SAFF Championship will be played from June 21 to July 3, with all member associations of the SAFF are expected to fight it out for the top prize.
The tournament will see the teams divided into two groups and play round-robin matches in the group stage, with the top two teams from each group progressing to the semi-finals. The date for the Draw will be announced later, AIFF said.
- FIFA World Cup Qualifiers: India, Pakistan Go Down, Bangladesh Salvages A Draw
- Match Fixtures Of SAFF U16 & U19 Revealed
- International Friendly: Bangladesh Vs Nepal - Match Day
- SAFF Championship 2023 - The Venue Of The Gala - Sree Kanteerava Stadium
- Opponent Watch: India Starts Inter Continental Cup With A Win