Jhapa (GoalNepal) - BYSC, Minnesota, USA have qualified for the semifinals of the International Invitational First Jai Humagai Memorial Gold Cup Football Tournament. BYSC defeated UKFC, Darjeeling, India 4-3 on penalties to make it into the final four.
The regulation time of the match ended 1-1. Although UKFC took an early lead in the game, they could not protect it and ultimately lost the game. In the 19th minute, Hemraj Bhujel's goal gave UKFC the lead. However, in the injury time of the first half, Thomas Sakor managed to equalize for BYSC.
BYSC goalkeeper Pujan Thapa Magar was named the player of the match. He received Rs. 5,000 and a trophy.
Avenir FC, Cameroon and Salahesh Youth Club, Siraha will face each other today in the first semifinal of the tournament.
The tournament is being organized by Late Jai Humagai & Family Trust (USA). A total of eight teams, including teams from India, USA and Cameroon, are participating in the tournament.
The competition winners will get five lakhs in cash and the title, while the runner-ups will get three lakhs. The final will be held on Poush 13.
GoalNepal is broadcasting the tournament live on its platforms which will have the technical support of the Jhapa Football Association.
- Jhapa: Bagan Youth Club Wins Title Of Buttabari United Cup
- Jhapa: Bagan Youth Enters Final Of Buttabari Open Football Champioship
- Jhapa: Birtamod United FC Enters SFs Of Buttabari Open Championship
- Jhapa: Youth Of Khudunabari Entes SFs Of Buttabari Inter Club Championship
- Jhapa: Buttabari United Inter Club Chamionship Kicks Off
JALTHAL FC JHAPA ENTERS SFs 2nd BHAGIMAN MEMORIAL CUP