The India U-17 National Team have landed in Sri Lanka to compete in the SAFF U-17 Championship, which is being held in the island nation. The team landed in Sri Lanka on Saturday and were welcomed by the delegates from the Football Federation of Sri Lanka.
India will face Bhutan in the tournament opener and Nepal on September 9.
Sri Lanka is hosting the championship in Colombo from September 5-14.
Nepal U17 has been grouped with India and Bhutan in the championship.
Six SAARC nations are taking part in the event except for Pakistan. Two teams from the group will go to the semifinals.
Group A: Sri Lanka, Maldives, Bangladesh
Group B: India, Nepal, Bhutan
- Bangladesh Cricket Board To Award Women's National Football Team
- SAFF U-17 Championship: Bangladesh Register A Convincing Victory Against Hosts Sri Lanka
- Preparations To Host SAFF Women's Championship Complete, Says ANFA
- Kalyan Chaubey Appointed All India Football Federation (AIFF) President
- AIFF Asks FIFA To Reconsider Its Suspension