Nepal national women's team coach Gary Philips said it was great opportunity for Nepal to qualify for AFC Women's Asian Cup.
Nepal women’s team - ranked 101 - has been grouped with Philippines and Hong Kong in AFC Women’s Asian Cup India 2022 qualifiers. The group winner will qualify for the final round.
The draw was held at AFC HQs, KL, Malaysia on Thursday afternoon.
The 28 teams were drawn into four groups of four and four groups of three, with the winners of each group clinching their place in the AFC Women’s Asian Cup India 2022, scheduled to take place from January 20 to February 6.
India is hosting AFC Women's Asian Cup 2022.
"We are excited. Hong Kong (76th) and Philippines (68th) are higher ranked teams but we are confident.
We will play at home and that is incentive for us. This is a great opportunity to play in front of our fans.
Great opportunity to win the group and qualify for the Asian Cup. That would be historic moment
if we could qualify. Women are excited about the qualifiers.
Coach Philips said they would start training sessions soon subject to clearance from government authorities.
"We will start the camp shortly. We are getting excited for the qualifiers", added the coach.
- Nepal Women's Team Plays Stalemate Against HK; Bows Out From AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers
- AFC Asian Cup 2022 Qualifiers: Nepal Vs Hong Kong - LIVE UPDATE
- Nepal Vs Hong Kong - Watch The Match LIVE (WITH LINK)
- Nepal Vs Hong Kong: First Eleven Revealed
- Nepal Women's Team Coach Gary Phillips: We Couldn't Manage The Last Five Minutes
Nepal Vs Bangladesh - 2nd Friendly Match Highlights