The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) has today confirmed the withdrawal of the DPR Korea Football Association from the Asian Qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ and AFC Asian Cup China 2023™.
The AFC hasn't mentioned why DPRK withdrew but it is clearly believed that it was the effect of COVID pandemic.
The matter will now be referred to the Organising Committee for FIFA Competitions and further details on the standings in Group H, which include current leaders Turkmenistan, centralised venue hosts Korea Republic, Lebanon and Sri Lanka, will be announced in due course.
- VAR Set For AFC Asian Qualifiers – Road to Qatar
- AFC President Congratulates Asian Teams and Hails Centralised Hosts
- AFC Postpones AFC Women's Asian Cup India 2022 Qualifiers Draw
- AFC Cup Qualifiers: Bengaluru FC Vs Tribhuwan Army FC - WATCH THE MATCH LIVE !!
- AFC Executive Committee Reiterates Commitment To Deliver 2021 Competitions