Nepal Police club has entered final of 4th Rajarshi Janak cup football tournament in Sarlahi.
Nepal Police sidelined Far West XI sports club 3-1 in first semifinal match played at Santosh Shrestha memorial grounds, Bagmati, Sarlahi on Friday.
Jumanu Rai played an important role in NPC's win. Police men came from a goal down to beat Far West 3-1.
Rai leveled the score in 48th minute while Tirtha Rana scored brace (56', 68'). Jumanu Rai provided assist for second goal. Another experienced player Rabin Shrestha assisted for third goal.
Jumanu Rai became the man of the match and received Nrs 10,000 cash plus football boots. He gifted football boots to women's player of Bagmati youth club.
JYC will play against KFC Siliguri in second semifinal match on Saturday.
Bagmati youth club and Bagmati municipality are jointly organizing the championship, which has a winning purse of Nrs 10 lakh.
- Sarlahi: Interview With Bagmati Mayor Bharat Thapa - VIDEO
- Bagmati Youth Club & Bagmati Municipality Thanks All For Making 4th Rajarshi Janak Cup Successful
- Bijaya Ghalan Receives Bagmati PoY Award
- Jumanu Rai Adjudged The MVP; Receives Nrs 51,000 Cash
- Nepal Police Club Clinches Title Of 4th Rajarshi Janak Cup
Sarlahi: Interview With Bagmati Mayor Bharat Thapa