The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) has today confirmed the withdrawal of the DPR Korea Football Association from the Asian Qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ and AFC Asian Cup China 2023™.
The AFC hasn't mentioned why DPRK withdrew but it is clearly believed that it was the effect of COVID pandemic.
The matter will now be referred to the Organising Committee for FIFA Competitions and further details on the standings in Group H, which include current leaders Turkmenistan, centralised venue hosts Korea Republic, Lebanon and Sri Lanka, will be announced in due course.
- AFC U-17 & U-20 Asian Cup Draws Later This Month
- AFC Asian Cup 2023: China Bows Out Of Hosting Rights
- China Complete A Sensational Comeback To Lift AFC Women's Asian Cup Title
- Participants Praise Impact Of AFC MAs and RAs General Secretaries’ Conference 2022
- ANFA Says AFC Has Agreed To Resume Technical Assistance Fund