Asian Football Confederation (AFC) President Shaikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa participated in a series of video conference meetings, organised by FIFA for the five AFC regions in Asia, which were also attended by FIFA President Gianni Infantino, to discuss the possible ways to strengthen cooperation to further develop the game.
Shaikh Salman hailed FIFA for taking the initiative to organise such meetings, in order to facilitate discussions between the international body, AFC and the Asian football family, while noting the positive reception by Member Associations and the ideas and suggestions generated through such platforms to further develop football.
The AFC President also stressed on the importance of unity and solidarity during these uncertain times, in the face of the COVID-19 global pandemic.
Shaikh Salman also shared the AFC’s efforts in supporting its Member Associations during the last few months, and underlined the Confederation’s commitment towards ensuring the highest safety standards in resuming the AFC competitions.
He also called upon the AFC Member Associations to utilise all AFC and FIFA funds in the best possible ways, to maintain and uphold the best image of Asian football.
- GWC Announced As Regional Supporter and Official Logistics Provider for FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™
- AFC and AURORA Expand Pioneering Youth Development Programme Across Asia
- AFC Prez Khalifa: The Return Of Asian Competition Offers A Noble Message In The Fight Against COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID Pandemic: Former Iraq International Passes Away
- Asian Football: Football Resumes In Thailand and Vietnam