On account of the spread of Covid-19, numerous international bodies and public health authorities have advised against the organisation of international events.
Concerns over the health and well-being of participants, as well as travel restrictions in many countries, have resulted in the cancellation or postponement of many such events in various parts of the world.
Mindful of this, and given the wish of FIFA to organise a Congress which all member associations are able to attend, the Bureau of the FIFA Council has decided to reschedule the 70th FIFA Congress from Friday 5 June 2020 to Friday 18 September 2020 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
In addition, the FIFA Council meeting planned for Friday 20 March 2020 has also been rescheduled to a date yet to be confirmed in June-July 2020 at the Home of FIFA in Zurich or via video conference.
- Australia and New Zealand Selected As Hosts Of FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023™
- Footballers Amplify Call To End Racism, Violence And Discrimination
- FIFA Prez Infantino: Route Back To The Stadiums For Spectators Will Need To Be Managed
- Kaski: FIFA Supporting ANFA To Construct Multipurpose Technical Centre In Pokhara
- FIFA, WHO, Football Stakeholders Draft Medical Considerations, Risk Assessment Tool