Nepal U23 coach Bal Gopal Maharjan accepts that Nepal is in tough group in FIFA World Cup 2022 Asian qualifiers.
Team Nepal is grouped with Australia, Jordan, Kuwait & Chinese Taipei. The qualifiers start from September 5. Nepal's home ground hasn't been finalized yet though national sports council has said that they will do everything possible to host home matches at Dasharath stadium, which is under renovation.
Maharjan said, "Nepal is in tough group. That's fact. But we can prepare well. We must do it because teams are tough. We need to play friendly matches (level with same opponent teams).
"Players need to develop strong mentality (against strong teams). I am confident we can play well against them", added Maharjan, who guided Nepal to Bangabandhu gold cup victory in 2016.
- FIFA World Cup Qualifiers: Nepal's Home Matches - Two In October & Another In November
- Abhisek Rijal: We Need To Remain Positive During These Times Of Uncertainty
- ANFA Starts Prep For Upcoming Qualifiers Through Webinar
- Dasharath Stadium Gets Regular Maintenance During COVID Lockdown (VIDEO)
- Can ANFA & Nepal Internationals Take Advantage Of New Rule In Indian Super League ?
Regular Maintainance At Dasharath Stadium