National sports council has officially directed contractor to lay natural grass at Pokhara stadium.
According to the deal, artificial turf needed to be laid down but the newly appointed member secretary Ramesh Silwal, after consulting with ANFA and other officials, directed contractors to change the plan.
Today they have officially directed the contractors to change it (from artificial to natural). Sports minister Jagat Sunuwar, secretary and other officials were present in the meeting.
The contractors had already gravelled the field. Now they have to remove all gravels to make the ground ready with natural grass in three months.
Indian company, Great Sports Infra along with Nepalese company M.A Construction Jawalakhel, Lalitpur are constructing the stadium.
Total budget of the stadium is Nrs 173 crore. This includes football stadium, playing field and track-n-field.
Nepal government is constructing several sporting facilities at Pokhara stadium for South Asian Games. The event will be played in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
The event was supposed to kick off from Mar 9-18, 2019 but it has already been postponed till December 1-10, 2019.
- ANFA VP Bir Bahadur Khadka In Pokhara To Start Investigation On Kaski DFA
- 18th Aaha! RARA Gold Cup MVP Ajit Bhandari Gets His Prize
- VP Bir Bahadur Khadka To Lead New Committee To Investigate On Kaski DFA President
- Kaski: MLA Chandra Mohan Gauchan Provides Relief To Workers At Pokhara Stadium
- Construction Of Football Ground Adjacent To Pokhara Stadium In Final Phase
New Practice Field Adjacent To Pokhara Stadium