Bangladesh have registered a commanding victory to start their campaign in the SAFF U-17 Championship which started in Sri Lanka earlier today.
Bangladesh registered a 5-1 victory against Sri Lanka in the day's second match to get all three points. Bangladesh lead Group A with three points.
Bangladesh will play their next match against the Maldives on Wednesday. Similarly, Sri Lanka are scheduled to play with the Maldives on Friday.
Earlier today, India defeated Bhutan 3-0 to get three points onboard.
Six teams, Sri Lanka, India, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Maldives, are participating in the tournament, along with Nepal.
Nepal are in Group 'B'. India and Bhutan are in Nepal's group. Nepal will compete against Bhutan on September 7. Similarly, Nepal will play India in the second match on September 9.
Group 'A' consists of hosts Sri Lanka, Maldives and Bangladesh. The top two teams in the group will qualify for the semi-finals. The final will be held on September 14.
- Bangladesh Cricket Board To Award Women's National Football Team
- India Arrive In Sri Lanka For SAFF U-17 Championship
- Preparations To Host SAFF Women's Championship Complete, Says ANFA
- Kalyan Chaubey Appointed All India Football Federation (AIFF) President
- AIFF Asks FIFA To Reconsider Its Suspension