The Bureau of the FIFA Council has unanimously decided to suspend the All India Football Federation (AIFF) with immediate effect due to undue influence from third parties, which constitutes a serious violation of the FIFA Statutes.
The suspension will be lifted once an order to set up a committee of administrators to assume the powers of the AIFF Executive Committee has been repealed and the AIFF administration regains full control of the AIFF’s daily affairs.
The suspension means that the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2022™, scheduled to take place in India on 11-30 October 2022, cannot currently be held in India as planned.
FIFA is assessing the next steps with regard to the tournament and will refer the matter to the Bureau of the Council if and when necessary.
FIFA says it is in constant constructive contact with the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports in India and is hopeful that a positive outcome to the case may still be achieved.
- FIFA & UNODC Concludes International Integrity Education Programme
- Spectacular Unity Lights Unveiled To Mark 1 Year To Go Until FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023™
- Former FIFA President Blatter & Michel Platini Cleared Of Corruption Charges
- FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ Tickets Back on Sale On A First-come, First-served Basis
- Semi-automated Offside Technology To Be Used At The FIFA World Cup In Qatar