The Indian football team preparing for the AFC Asian Cup qualifiers lost its first practice match on Wednesday.
India lost 2-1 to Indian Super League club ATK Mohan Bagan at the Salt Lake Stadium in Kolkata. Mohan Bagan is also preparing to play in the AFC Cup.
Liston Colaco and Kiyan Nassiri scored for Mohan Bagan. Star forward Sunil Chhetri scored for losing India.
India will play its second practice match against I-League All-Stars next Tuesday. There are also friendly scheduled against Zambia on May 25 and Jordan on May 28 for India.
India, who are in Group D for the AFC Asian Cup qualifiers, are scheduled to play Hong Kong, Afghanistan and Cambodia. All Group D games will be played in India. India last played in the 2019 AFC Asian Cup.
- India Doesn't Stop There - Playing King's Cup In Thailand
- SAFF Championship 2023: India, Kuwait Play Stalemate In A High Intensity Match
- India Coach Igor Stimac: Tough Tournament Because There Are Different teams With Different Approaches
- Opponent Watch: India Enters Final Of Inter Continental Cup
- India Arrive In Sri Lanka For SAFF U-17 Championship
Bangabandhu SAFF Championship 2023: India vs Nepal - Match Highlights