Sabitra Bhandari 'Samba', Nepal and APF FC's prolific forward has made her comeback in the opening match of the National Women's League today against Tribhuwan Army FC. She made her comeback aftet more than 13 months on the sidelines.
She spent more than seven months in Aspetar, Qatar, undergoing rehabilitation after an operation on her knee last July.
She tore her anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in a National Women's League match against Nepal Police Club last February after an awkward landing, and has been out for a year.
Her rehabilitation was aided by the Qatar FA who have been helping some Nepali players who have suffered big injuries with their rehabilitation. Bimal Gharti Magar, Nepal men's team's prolific forward had also spent some time in Qatar after his injury and has already made his return to the national team.
Bhandari has been an established name in the Nepal national women's team racking up a record 38 goals for the country. Former Gokulam Kerala FC striker is also a league champion in India.
- Nepal U20 Women's Squad Finalized
- Udayapur: Pathari Sanischare Women's Team Enters Final Of Triyuga Dy Mayor Cup
- Udayapur: All-in-one Club Jhapa Enters Final Of Triyuga Dy Mayor Women's Cup
- Udayapur: Pathari Sanishchare Women's Team Enters SFs Of Triyuga Dy Mayor Women's Cup
- Siraha: Rautahat Women's Team Beats Gaighat FC In A Friendly Match
Friendly Match: Nepal U15 Girls Team Vs Bhutan U15 Girls